Saturday, February 2, 2013

Patch from Scratch

 I have a little Boy and so inevitably I have to fix those holes in the knees. These linen pants are a favorite so I made a patch from scratch.
 What you need: Heat 'N Bond, Iron, fabric, some stamps and paint for fun.



 
 This is me- no measuring just getting into it and cutting the fabric for the patch, a rectangle.
 Can you see the sad rip. :(




 Follow the directions on the Heat 'N Bond





Creative time! Decorate the patch. I used a few stamps. I would have used paint instead of just ink (ink washed out and now the stamp is very light) 





 Small cuts in the corners and fold, use the high tech finger nail and run it along the fold to set it.





Place paper behind the hole.
 Iron on the patch.



 Inside out, more Heat 'N Bond.





Now Some fun hand sewing around the patch.


 I added some embroidery thread X's




 Fun Patch from Scratch!


1 comment: