Friday, May 4, 2012

Mother's Day "Boast Badge"


These are so simple and easy to make and you can totally customize them anyway you like!! The best part is that you can use scraps from anything and everything in your craft closet to make them (scraps of ribbon, paper, string, feathers, beads, and on and on...).
Gather a ton of supplies and get started!

For sure you'll need a strip of paper about 23' long and 2-ish' wide. And two circles about the size of the top of a can, and some hot glue (or other glue of preference).Scroll on to see how I made mine, but remember, these are totally customizable to fit your mother's style! You can do anything!
I'm making two, and the pictures are a combination of each.

First I made the paper ribbons with the "mother stats" by using text boxes on Word and playing around with different fonts and sizings. (Close up from final photos)

Fancy cut and acordion fold your strip of paper.

Then glue the ends together to make a circle. Set aside.

Arrange your ribbon and glue it onto the front of one circle, also glue a loop of string (for hanging up to display after use).

Then take your other circle and glue it on top of the other circle with the ribbon and string glued to it.

Then glue your accordion circle to the top of that.
Then I added some feathers (that I got off an old bouquet in the dumpster).

Then I took another circle cut the same size and glued my decorative ribbon to the back of it.



Then turn it over and add your embellishments to the front. I did a smaller circle of scrapbook paper and an old necklace pendant that had a picture of me, my mom, and sister :)

Then glue it on top of the accordion circle that's attached to the ribbon arrangement, and add any other embellishments you want.

And you're done! Quick, easy, and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment