Wednesday, February 29, 2012

LOVE on The Couch

If you're like me, a "collector" of fabric from the remnant basket, then you might have some random sized pieces just asking to be made into a decorative slip cover. I love making slipcovers for my old pillows, it gives them a fresh look, I can change them whenever and it takes little fabric, but adds a punch to my couch. Check out my tutorial on pillow slip covers (last post/ under "index" tab above) for the know how.
Well I have these little pillows that needed a new look. I had some sturdy remnant fabric and Valentine's day was around the corner. That made for some crafting LOVE.
*Print out your letters, mine were as big as they could be per sheet of paper.*Cut out the letter.
*Trace the letter on right side of fabric, I used a fine felt tip pen.
*Paint in the letters, I use regular craft paint. Let dry.
*Sew your slip cover, see slip cover tutorial.
*Slip those babies on and toss them on the couch.
I think this could be great for a monogram as well. Hope you're inspired! Much L*O*V*E! -M

No comments:

Post a Comment